|BUSINESS SKILLS VISAS|
|Australia welcomes business people who can bring business skills, expertise and investment to Australia. The aim of the Business Skills Category is to attract people with a demonstrated record of business or investment activity who are committed to using their business and/or investment skills in Australia.
Under this category the majority of business migrants are granted a Provisional (Temporary) Visa for 4 years at the beginning and after establishing the business or maintaining their investments satisfactorily, they can apply for Business Skills Permanent Residency Visas.
There is also provision for high calibre business migrants to obtain up front direct permanent residence in the Business Talent (Migrant) Visa category if they have high level business attributes and are sponsored by a State or Territory.
|BUSINESS VISA CATEGORIES:|
|· Business Owner – Provisional
· Senior Executive – Provisional
· Investor – Provisional
· Business Talent / High Calibre Business Owner – Permanent
|State/Territory Government sponsorship is available for each Visa category, so that States and Territories can attract the kinds of business people they are seeking. State and Territory Governments also provide a wide range of post arrival business related services to assist Business Skills entrants in setting up their new business in Australia.|
|BASIC REQUIREMENTS –PROVISIONAL (TEMPORARY) VISAS|
|Common requirements for Un-Sponsored Categories|
|• Vocational English;- IELTS 5 points
• Age – less than 45 years;
• Commitment to business/investment in Australia;
• Justifiable need to be temporarily resident in Australia;
• Pass health and character checks;
• No adverse business history.
|The applicant must also have the following business attributes for 2 years out of the last 4 years immediately before the lodgement of the application: –
|The applicant must also have the following business attributes in 2 out of the last 4 years immediately before the lodgement of the application:-
|Common requirements for State/Government Sponsored Categories
|Sponsored Business Owner
|Business Skills Permanent Visa Categories
The applicant has had, and continues to have, an ownership interest and direct and continuous management, in up to 2 actively operating main businesses in Australia for at least 2 years immediately before the application is made; the applicant is eligible to apply for Permanent Residency Visas.
|Business Talent (Migrant) Permanent Visa
The Applicant needs to show that:
• He or she is sponsored by a State or Territory Government;
• He or she has had an overall successful business career;
• For at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years immediately before the application is made, the applicant (or and his/her spouse or de facto partner together) had net assets in a qualifying business, in which he or she had an ownership interest, of at least AUD$400,000;
• For at least 2 of the 4 fiscal years immediately before the application is made, the applicant’s main business, or main businesses together, had an annual turnover of at least AUD$3,000,000;
• The applicant (or his or her spouse or de facto partner’s combined) business and personal assets have a net value of at least AUD$1,500,000, which are lawfully acquired and available for transfer and capable of being transferred to Australia within 2 years after the grant of a Business Talent (Migrant) Visa;
• You are aged less than 55 years or you are proposing to establish or participate in a business that your sponsoring State or Territory has determined is of exceptional
Our comprehensive legal services include acting for intending migrants on:
Chanaka Senanayake –Solicitor Registered Migration Lawyer – MARN 1065501 For more details