Eligible family members of Australian Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents and eligible New Zealand citizens can migrate to Australia under various visa categories.

The main categories are:

1. Carer Visa:

This visa is for people who are needed to care for an Australian relative or a member of their family unit who has a medical condition. This visa requires the applicant to be sponsored by their Australian relative or their Australian relative’s partner If the visa is granted you and your family members can work, study and live, in Australia permanently.

2. Aged dependant relative Visa:

This visa is for people who are aged (age requirements apply), financially dependent on a relative in Australia for a reasonable period of time and single, having never married or entered into a de facto relationship, or are widowed, divorced or formally separated from their partner. Family members of the aged dependent relative may also be included in the application if they meet certain requirements

3. Last remaining relatives 

The following criteria to be met to apply for this visa:

• you have a brother, sister, parent (or step-equivalent) who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen usually resident in Australia

• you and your partner have no brothers, sisters, non-dependent children, parents (or step-equivalents) other than those in Australia. Your partner and other family members may be included in your application if they meet certain requirements.

For more details and to get a proper assessment contact:
SBC Australian Migration Lawyers & Solicitor on 0451 043 288

Click hear to start a Free Assessment